Last week I was nominated for the Liebster Blog Award by fellow blogger Ann Koplow (whose fantastic blog on personal growth you can find here).
Needless to say I was completely chuffed and telling all and sundry, as if I’d won an Oscar. (You can probably tell that this kind of thing doesn’t happen very often).
Now I must say at this point that the Liebster Blog Award is not really an award as such – there’s no panel of judges or even an actual award. It is basically a way for bloggers to give a ‘shout out’ to their favourite blogs and make all kinds of networks and links with fellow bloggers. Blogging, after all, represents a lovely community and I’m a cheerleader for anything that reinforces that.
So there are some rules I apparently need to follow to complete this transaction, and they are as follows:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the questions that the tagger has set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you’ve tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. No tag backs!
Ann has asked me to answer the following questions about myself, so here goes (brace yourself for some tedious answers…)
- What’s your favourite ice cream flavor?
Not a huge fan of icecream – huge brain freeze – but if I had to pick I would say Ben and Jerry’s Phish Food.
- If you were to write the story of your life, what might be the title?
Wandering so aimlessly that even my autobiography is incapable of having a short, snappy title.
- What’s a nickname you’ve had or one that you would give yourself?
I don’t have a nickname as such – my parents call me Helsey, and my other half calls me all manner of derogatory nicknames, depending on how much trouble I’m in.
- What was your favourite book, when you were a kid?
‘Skallagrigg’ by William Horwood
- If they made a movie of your life, what actor would you choose to play you?
A film of my life? Are you joking? Would YOU want to sit through that? 🙂
- What’s your fantasy job?
I have many but if I had to pick I would say a novelist.
- Who is your favourite musician?
- Who is somebody you admire?
My parents, my better half.
- What’s your favourite movie?
Moulin Rouge/The Green Mile/anything with Joseph Gordon-Levitt
- What’s a song you’d choose for your “theme song”?
‘Keep on Running’.
- If you could be any animal for a day, what would you be (and why)?
A domestic cat. Seriously, they have the easiest lives on the planet. They’ve got it all figured out.
So anyway… after that deeply insightful and profound set of answers, I’ll get on with my nominations, which are as follows:
These blogs are very different, but they are all entertaining, informative and thoughtfully written and I urge you to check them out!
The questions I would like my nominees to answer are as follows:
1. Name something really good that’s happened today (or yesterday if you’re reading this first thing in the morning!)
2. What makes you happiest?
3. What’s your favourite way to relax?
4. What makes you really inspired and motivated?
5. What made you first start blogging?
6. What’s better: tea or coffee?
7. You only have one day left to live. What do you do with it?
8. What’s your best quality?
9. What’s the nicest compliment anyone’s ever paid you?
10. What are you most grateful for?
11. What’s your life’s dream?
(Some of these are perhaps quite personal so feel free to make up the answer – but at least think about it! 🙂
Thanks once again to the fabulous blogger Ann Koplow for nominating me!